Monday, March 28, 2011

Open letter to EMEA President, Hilary Liese

Dear Ms. Liese,

You are about to enter into discussions with EMSD#63 representatives to renegotiate your on-going contract. As a former union-man myself, I can understand if EMEA feels somewhat reluctant to do this.  However, these are extraordinary times demanding extraordinary measures.

As you enter into these discussions, remember that you are currently the beneficiary of Dr. Williams departing gift; the rolled-over five-year contract

This afternoon at 4:15PM, you, building representatives and the executive board will be meeting to discuss, among other things, the Boards FTF cuts. See: EMEA Website.  As you talk among yourselves, be cognizant of your role in co-creating and resolving this problem.

Now, one would expect, and I know you will, a reciprocal gesture of some magnitude from EMSD#63 management.   So far, based on the Boards latest decision, that has not been forthcoming.

I have already expressed my self on this issue and I hope you will take a moment to look it over.

Good luck!

Kenneth Butterly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Hilary understand what's at stake. She should demand equal reductions in all administrator pay or give them nothing. That won't happen.

Anonymous said...

Hilary put in for retirement so she is on the 6% plan untill she is gone. She does not care anymore.

Kenneth Butterly said...

April 02, 2011 10:42 AM

I'm sorry to read that. Well maybe, I’m not so sorry.

The Teacher’s Union, I think, is an important partner in helping to reduce the budget.

Hilary, in my opinion, was not a strong leader or solid strategic thinker, and I think her not being part of future efforts to save the district will improve the chances for the District’s overall long-term financial success. I can only hope!

That said, I expect, and I think rightly, that the new EMEA President will expect to see beforehand, an equally robust contribution from EMSD#63 Administrators before submitting any proposal to her constituents. If I were EMES President, I would.

So, let’s see how it goes!